Harmony Circle Planned Giving Program
Leave it to the Larimer Chorale! Give Music a Voice for Generations to Come
The Larimer Chorale, through its Harmony Circle program, welcomes your planned gifts because they are a wonderful way to strengthen our organization, while providing you, our donor, with options that might fit your wealth management plans. We strongly encourage you to discuss your proposed gift with your own independent legal, financial, and tax advisors and will insist that you seek such counsel if your gift is irrevocable. We aim to ensure that you receive a full and accurate explanation of all aspects of your proposed charitable gift and its appropriateness to your own objectives and circumstances. As always, we will accept no gift that is not in yours or our best interests or that violates the policies or bylaws of the Larimer Chorale.
1. General Information
Legal Name: The Larimer Chorale
Federal Tax Identification Number: 74-2243276
Contact: Rebecca Toll, President
Address: P.O. Box 884, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522
Mission: The Larimer Chorale, an auditioned symphonic chorus based in Fort Collins, is committed to presenting choral music at a high artistic standard, with an emphasis on choral-orchestral masterworks, and to enriching and educating singers and audiences throughout northern Colorado through live performances, recordings, workshops, and the creation of new choral works.
2. Sample Bequest Language*
Following are examples of how to indicate a general or undesignated gift to the Larimer Chorale.
“I wish to give (choose the appropriate language)
- a specific dollar amount or a percentage of my estate
- a specific number of shares of a specified security
- the proceeds of my life insurance policy, (name of insurance company and policy number) (donor should also change the beneficiary designation on the insurance policy)
- my Individual Retirement Account (name of investment firm and account number) (donor should also change the beneficiary designation on the account)
- the remainder interest in my Charitable Remainder Trust (specific name of trust) (donor should also have attorney change the remainder interest on the CRT documents)
- to the Larimer Chorale, P.O. Box 884, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522; Attention: Rebecca Toll, President
Sample Bequest of Remainder of Estate
"I give, devise, and bequeath to the Larimer Chorale, Tax ID 74-2243276, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. The Larimer Chorale may be contacted in care of Rebecca Toll, President, P.O. Box 884, Fort Collins, CO 80522; firstname.lastname@example.org; 970-416-9348.
Sample Bequest of Specific Amount
"I give, devise, and bequeath _____[$] or [%]_______ to the Larimer Chorale, Tax ID 74-2243276, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. The Larimer Chorale may be contacted in care of Rebecca Toll, President, P.O. Box 884, Fort Collins, CO 80522; email@example.com; 970-416-9348.
*These are merely suggestions as to content and should be written or adapted by legal counsel to fit the contributor's individual situation.
3. Use of Gifts:
Donors making planned gifts (by bequest, beneficiary designation, or retained benefit gifts) or outright gifts may specify a purpose for their gift.
- If the gift is $5,000 or more, the donor may create a named fund or may request that a special fund be created to support a specific cause or area of interest within the Larimer Chorale.
- Donors who join the Harmony Circle may request that their gift go to address a specific activity within the Larimer Chorale. Some examples include:
- Commissioned Music Fund
- Outreach programs
- Scholarship Fund
The Larimer Chorale will work with donors and their advisors to identify the purpose within the Chorale that most closely meets the donor’s wishes. Of course, donors may request that their gift be used for the general purposes of the Larimer Chorale.