Position: Executive Director
Position Status: Part Time, Exempt, EOE
Scope of Position: The Larimer Chorale Board of Directors is seeking qualified applicants for the role of Executive Director. We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience in arts administration to drive innovation and growth for program and organizational development. The Executive Director position is three-quarter time (0.75 FTE) with the opportunity and goal for the candidate to build it into a full-time position. We seek a candidate who is a self-starter and can work independently and in a team.
The Executive Director of the Larimer Chorale is responsible for planning and managing the administrative aspects of the choir. This includes working with the board and the music staff to assure that all is in place to make a concert season come alive and be successful. The Executive Director is involved with strategic planning, budgeting, marketing and publicity, volunteer recruitment and management, front-of-house concert management, fundraising and development, and communications. This position is responsible for bringing procedural and policy issues to the board and assuring compliance with local, state, and regional regulations for nonprofits. The Executive Director also manages the Chorale’s highly successful outreach project, the Silvertones Choir for Older Adults.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit management and administration.
- Ability to deliver on large- and small-scale projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in effectively managing relationships across diverse stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Competence in project management.
- Facility with a standard office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) and capacity to quickly learn specialized software for project management, grant applications, communications, and donor management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead organization in positive and forward-thinking manner, with vision towards building capacity for long-term sustainability.
- Develop and implement plans to grow the Larimer Chorale marketing and communication strategies, including social media.
- Focus on fundraising and development by building long-term relationships with donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- Manage administrative aspects of the organization -- supervise employees, manage volunteers, build and implement budgets, and maintain contracts.
- Be a strong advocate for the vocal arts in our community.
- Five years of management experience, preferably in the nonprofit and cultural arts sector, with progressively increased responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Must be available on Tuesdays to attend morning rehearsals of the Silvertones and evening rehearsals of the Larimer Chorale.
The deadline to apply for the Executive Director position is March 30, 2018.
To apply, candidates must send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.