Position: Executive Director
Position Status: Part Time, Exempt, EOE
Scope of Position: The Larimer Chorale Board of Directors is seeking qualified applicants for the role of Executive Director. We are looking for a dynamic individual, ideally one with experience in arts administration, to drive innovation and growth for program and organizational development. The Executive Director position is three-quarter time (0.75 FTE) with the opportunity and goal for the candidate to build it into a full-time position.
The Executive Director of the Larimer Chorale is responsible for planning and managing the administrative aspects of the organization. This includes working with the board and the music staff to assure that all is in place to ensure the success of our programming. The Executive Director is involved with strategic planning, budgeting, marketing and publicity, volunteer recruitment and management, fundraising and development, and communications. This position is responsible for bringing procedural and policy issues to the board and assuring compliance with local, state, and regional regulations for nonprofits.
• Nonprofit management and administration.
• Ability to deliver on large and small-scale projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated success in effectively managing relationships across diverse stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in project management.
Essential Job Functions:
• Leadership that is positive and forward thinking with vision towards building capacity for long-term sustainability.
• Develop and implement plans to grow the Larimer Chorale marketing and communication strategies, including social media.
• Fundraising and development focused on building long-term relationships with donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
• Ability to effectively use a variety of technologies including donor and financial software to assist in development and budgeting.
• Arts administration with the capacity to supervise employees, manage volunteers, build and implement budgets, and maintain contracts.
• Be a strong advocate for the vocal arts in our community.
The ideal candidate will have five years of management experience, preferably in the nonprofit and cultural arts sector, with progressively increased responsibility. Some nights and weekends are required.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
The Executive Director works in conjunction with the Artistic Director and reports to the Board of Directors.
To apply, candidates must send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.